My name is KELLY! And my chinese name is 璇xuan. I reeeeeeeally like my chinese name which is why i just have to put it in. :)
Well…what should I say. I’m not very good at writing ‘about me’ sections. I was just motivated to re-write this page from what I’ve been seeing and reading these few days. I’m inspired greatly by good writers. I love writing, but I wouldn’t say that I’m a good writer, which is why I’m always so fascinated by how others can write such beautiful prose – about the simplest things, but the words just flow so smoothly, crafting a picturesque image in my mind about them.
I’m a dreamer and a hopeless romantic. Although I would say that in these couple of years I’ve probably grown up way more than where I’ve come from, but I really still like being a dreamer and i believe that everyone has a prince charming just waiting for you and will appear when the time is right. I feel that it’s so sad when people get cynical after going through so much in life! Life is beautiful; life is wonderful! Whatever happens, please don’t ever stop dreaming. At least that’s what I always tell myself. When life gets you down, and you’re happy in your own dreamland, just go there, and stay there for as long as you need, till you’re ready to face the world again :)
I am inspired by many things! Everywhere I see beautiful things. You might be thinking at this point that I’m some airy-fairy person. Not so. It’s just that I like to put all the happy things in this blog, cos who wants to be dragged down by negative emotions?! I’m a really sensitive person and I ALWAYS get super affected by any sort of negative feelings so that is really not where I want to go with this blog. When there are so many other things to rejoice about in life, why dwell on those that aren’t worth your time?
– beautiful photography of weddings (people who are madly passionately crazily cloud9 in love are so incredibly sweet and inspiring to be with), scenery, gorgeous houses, desserts (I think they make the best food photos!) and so much more! Just check out my tumblr :D
– wide open spaces – i just love expanses of green meadows, or rice fields, or even just anywhere that has a beautiful 360 degree view (like MBS, my happy place in singapore :))
– inspirational quotes
“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” ― Audrey Hepburn
– all things vintage and whimsical – from browsing tumblr, i’ve fallen in love with little knick knacks, quaint cottages, lace, pastel colours, polaroids, faded things, paris<3
– getting hugs – they convey everything that words alone cant.
– flair francais – anything french :D
– receiving flowers – even though they dont last, but it’s just the moment when you receive them :) and they’re so pretty to look at
– beach holidays – dream honeymoon in seychelles/maldives! :)
– dancing – the musical expression of a soul
– smells. how a passing whiff can evoke 1001 emotions all at once and transport me back in time to a nostalgic moment.
– parties! i believe everything deserves a celebration :D
i write about nail polish and bags, glitter and flowy dresses, heels and fashion, lipsticks and makeup and eyeshadow palettes, and beauty and shopping. i love food and i love writing about food. you will see that most of my blog is dedicated largely to food – where i’ve dined and what i’ve cooked. i live to eat, i can’t diet no matter how many times i’ve said so. i have pretty much zero self-control.
presents, cupcakes, waterfalls, cushions, puppies, macarons, folded stars, dandelions, golden fields, love stories, victorian cottages, champagne, the crisp crackle of bags of shopping, spring and autumn, kittens, postcards, rose petals, breakfast in bed, love notes, carousels, sunrise, fairy lights, candles – all these beautiful things and #littlemomentsofmylife. treasure every second :)
and finally, for the most important people in my life – i love my family :’)
“everybody has a home team : its the people you call when you get a flat tire or when something terrible happens. its the people who, near or far, know everything thats wrong with you and love you anyways. these are the ones who tell you their secret, who get themselves a glass of water without asking when they’re at your house. these are the people who cry when you cry. these are your people, your middle-of-the-night, no-matter-what people.” – Shauna Niequist