and i’m lovin’ it! hehe. okay the crust was a little, or quite, hard. but there’s always room for improvement right? haha anyone who has any tips, please shareee. anyway, here’s the recipe!
For the pizza dough –
400g plain white flour
360ml warm water
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
For the toppings –
300g minced beef
100g mozzarella cheese
1 packet white mushrooms, sliced
1. To make the dough, combine the flour, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and water and knead everything together on a floured surface until smooth. Roll the dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover loosely with cling film and a wet towel and place it in a cool, dark place. Allow it to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
2. In the meantime, add a bit of olive oil to a pan and stir fry the minced beef till just cooked.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly oiled baking tray. Spread the passata evenly over the dough, leaving a 1.5-2cm boundary around the edges.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the passata, and top with mushrooms, minced beef and sundried tomatoes.
6. Bake in the oven for 20min, or until the crust is firm.
7. Remove the baking tray from the oven and crack an egg right in the middle of the pizza. Put it back in the oven for 3-4min, or until the egg is cooked through. Serve hot.
i also made other dishes to go along with the pizza!
1 can chickpeas, drained
2 carrots, cut into small cubes
1 onion, finely chopped
500ml chicken stock
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Fry the onions and carrots in a bit of olive oil in a saucepan.
2. When the onion softens, add the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the water and passata and bring it to a boil again. Cover the pot and allow it to simmer for 15min or until the carrots soften.
4. Add in the chickpeas, stir in the vinegar and allow it to boil for 2-3min. Serve.
2 carrots, washed and peeled
handful of mint leaves, chopped
juice of ¼ lemon
100ml fat free natural yogurt
1-2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out all the flesh into a bowl and add in the yogurt. Drizzle the lemon juice, olive oil and mint leaves and mix everything well, such that it is evenly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cut the carrots (or your preferred vegetable) into sticks and enjoy with the dip!