this post is longggggg overdue and i realised i didn’t blog about Sam’s birthday at all! >.< too bad that his birthday had to fall in week 10 of school, which was one of my craziest weeks last semester. thank goodness its over. and fortunately or unfortunately it was Sam’s busy week as well so we really had to make the most of his birthday celebration! super thankful for that one day in that entire week which i didn’t have to go to school (i literally suffered back-to-back meetings for the other days in the week as a result) where we spent a cosy day at home together :’) i really wanted to prepare brunch for him actually! i already had this idea since months ago. but it just so happened that I was in the midst of moving house then and the kitchen wasn’t ready -.- i was so upset, probably even more so than him!
but i still wanted to do something special. otherwise it really wouldn’t be a birthday celebration, would it? :( we were intending to MUG afterwards somemore. haha hardcore ttm. so…the only “cooking” equipment i had available was a microwave oven, and a fridge.
so i decided to come up with cakes that didn’t need the use of my kitchen!
^^^ presenting my raspberry cheesecake in a glass ^^^ hehe!
40g cream cheese
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp honey
zest & juice from one lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
a large handful of raspberries
6 digestive biscuits, crushed as finely as possible
a dollop of raspberry jam
1. Mix the cream cheese, honey, vanilla extract and lemon juice & zest well.
2. Mix the digestive biscuits with the melted butter to make a slightly sticky combination.
3. Alternate the digestive biscuits and cream cheese mixture in a glass.
4. Top with raspberries and jam, and serve.
^^^ and i made a second cake for him too! ^^^
(pardon the half-eaten mess. wanted to show the inside of the cake)
yay! :) i made this peanut butter cake in a mug so that i could sing happy birthday and blow out a candle for him :)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp crushed walnuts
1. Melt the butter in a small dish. Add the peanut butter and mix well.
2. In the mug, mix together the vanilla, egg and sugar till well combined.
3. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder and add to the mug.
4. Pour in the butter/peanut butter mixture and stir in the walnuts.
5. Pop it into the microwave for about 1min, or longer if you prefer it to be more cooked! (i would say 1min is sufficient though. i did mine for a little more than 1min and it was a tad dry :/)
pretty simple recipes, served in the most ingenious ways ;) each recipe makes a single portion. to my darling: i hope you liked them! ^^