don’t you love the colours in this photo? :D if you want to have a healthy diet, colours in your food are a good bet! (: there must be a reason why vegetables are so colourful right? ^^ and i’ve grown to appreciate veggies over the years!
1 packet asparagus, cut in half
1 packet button mushrooms, washed
3 large carrots, sliced
3 garlic cloves, diced
6 tbsp olive oil
salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
2. Place the asparagus, mushrooms and carrots in different bowls. Separate the garlic into each of the bowls and drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil into each bowl. Add salt to taste. Toss.
3. Place the carrots on a baking tray and roast for 15min.
4. Add the asparagus and mushrooms to the tray and roast for another 10-15min. Test for doneness. Serve.
Korean-style BBQ Ribs
honestly, i’m not entirely sure why the recipe considered this ‘korean’ :p but i absolutely loved the taste of it, especially when i jazzed up the original recipe with my special ingredient ;)
YUZU JUICE! :D it lent a delicious sweet/sour note to the sauce, which was absolutely refreshing!
800g pork ribs (try not to choose those which are too thick as it’ll make it difficult to cook)
4 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soya sauce
4 tbsp yuzu juice (you can get it from ntuc under the PeelFresh brand!)
2 tsp sugar
2 garlic cloves, diced
1. To make the marinade, mix the oyster sauce, soya sauce, yuzu juice, sugar and garlic well in a bowl.
2. Marinate the pork ribs with the sauce and place them in a ziplock bag/in a bowl with a cling wrap over it. Leave it to marinate for 15min-1.5hours. Of course, the longer you give, the better the flavour is absorbed by the meat.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade and stir fry it till fully cooked through.
4. Cook the remaining sauce separately by boiling it. Pour it over the meat and serve.
just wanna share this website which i found really useful! ^^ it’s like marinades101 haha. teaches you all the key ingredients to include in your marinade to make it PERFECT ;)