food food food ! :D haha my family should totally be feeling super lucky these few weeks by all my cooking x baking ;) quite proud of myself that i’ve been quite consistently cooking AND baking once a week every week! (: haha takes quite some persistence, but it’s really fun!!! ^^
i actually wanted to bake normal egg tarts (seems healthier, looking at the ingredients) haha. but i ended up baking portuguese egg tarts last weekend for the sole reason of using up the cream that i’d bought quite sometime back for one of my other recipes. and they turned out soooo yummy! i’m so happy with them! :D except the crust is not really the conventional flaky crust which portuguese egg tarts have. this one was easier to make i guess. i actually combined two separate recipes to make this, and one of the recipes suggested using Betty Crocker/Pillsbury pie crust, so that might be more suitable?
anyway, here’s my recipe! ^^
For the crust –
400g plain flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp butter
For the filling –
4 egg yolks
3 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
2. Mix the ingredients for the crust till it is well blended and forms a dough. Roll the dough into a ball and chill while preparing the filling.
3. Beat the egg yolks, then blend with the rest of the ingredients, making sure it becomes a smooth mixture.
4. Divide the dough into 8 small balls. Flatten them into a muffin/egg tart mould.
5. Fill the pie crust dough with the filling (about 80% full).
6. Bake the portuguese egg tarts for around 30min or until the filling turns slightly brown. Cool & serve.
it’s really quite simple, and i’m amazed that they turned out so well!! (: